Superfoods. It's a word that is thrown around a lot these days. What are they, why are they so great and what makes them so SUPER compared to other foods?
Basically superfoods are those that are rich in nutrients and antioxidants. All which help fight the nasty free radicals circulating through our body whilst assisting us to meet our daily micronutrient (vitamin and mineral) requirement. They are a naturally occurring food source given to us by the one and only Mother Nature herself and have generally been consumed by our ancestors for their health benefits many years before becoming a mainstream ‘superfood'.
So speaking of superfoods, the Green Pilbara bowl is now part of empire6714's new lunch menu and it packs a whole lot of superfood punch. Take one look at it and you can see how the name came about (it's pretty green). If you look even closer though you'll spot something that looks a beaut shade of blue. What is this you ask? It's BLUE MAJIK and this ingredient is one you'll want to get enough of.
Blue Majik - what is it?
Blue Majik is derived from spirulina. It is a proprietary extract of the blue-green algae Arthrospira platensis. It is usually found in powder or capsule form and as the name suggests it is comprised of a blue pigment containing C-Phycocyanin (PC) and non-PC compounds.
This specific strain of algae is sourced from shallow, freshwater Klamath Lake in Oregon, where 17 different mineral-rich rivers flow into to maintain a significantly nutrient-dense body of water. The alkaline quality of the lake water is what allows for the constant reproduction of AFA (Aphanizomenon flos-aquae) blue-green algae, the source of Spirulina that Blue Majik is extracted from. This type of algae contains more protein than any other organism and its amino acid profile is almost entirely the same as that of the human body, which is why its consumption is so beneficial to our health!
Blue Majik can also be added to juices, smoothies and even lattes. If you’re into organic wholefoods, watched a few documentaries on nutrition and holistic living you would have heard the name David Wolfe. This is a product he is backing 100%. Blue Majik is being coined as the nutrient-dense aqua botanical produced by Mother Nature herself.
Try it at empire6714
I bet you never thought you would eat blue-green algae. But don’t let that put you off. The health benefits are countless and the taste is so much more pleasant than spirulina itself. Empire6714 have added Blue Majik dusted daikon noodles to the Green Pilbara bowl, which adds a nice crunch and refreshing crispness to the salad making it very enjoyable.
- Made up of powerful antioxidants, possessing the ability to reduce free radicals within the body.
- Contains potent anti-inflammatory properties (COX-2 inhibitor) - think natural pain reliever for cramps, muscle soreness, headaches, and joint pain
- Rich protein and amino acids (and this is where it gets it’s blue hue from).
- Promotes faster muscle recovery post-workout.
- High in B12 vitamins.
- Promotes brain health.
- Nourishes your body at a cellular level.
- Is 97% absorbable by the body compared to man made vitamins (which are only 5-25% absorbable).
- Certified organic, vegan, gluten free & no additives or preservatives.
Whilst the Blue Majik dusted daikon is the star of the show in the Green Pilbara bowl, it also contains:
- Green pea & smashed avo guacamole (YUM!) – packed full of flavor, creaminess and heart healthy fats
- Red rice – rich in fibre, antioxidants, phytonutrients and providing a low GI carbohydrate source to help slow down the absorption of sugars into the bloodstream
- Snow peas – a great source of vitamin K, C and folate
- Edamame beans – providing additional amino acids to the Green Pilbara bowl pool
- Shaved red radish – comprising of folate and potassium
- House kimchi – absolutely delicious, a source of vitamin A, C and provides beneficial gut-boosting lactobacilli bacteria.
There really is a whole lot to love about this bowl. Perfect as is, or why not add a side of grilled chicken breast for an added protein hit?
Be sure to check out empire6714’s new menu options, you won’t be disappointed. I highly recommend giving the Green Pilbara bowl a try so you can see for yourself what the fuss it all about over Blue Majik, (and at the cost of it per container this is the way to try it!). And just like the greenness of the Pilbara landscape after a good rain it never lasts long, so get down there to try this blue beauty while it lasts!
Want to know more about Blue Majik? Check out E3Live https://www.e3live.com.au/All-Products/Blue-Majik-Powder.aspx