With so many muesli and granola varieties available it can be confusing deciding which one to select, with many high in sugar and energy which can hinder your health goals, so why not make your own?
This toasted muesli recipe is both super easy and nourishing, even the most basic baker couldn't stuff this one up. It is low in sugar, full of healthy fats and fibre to help keep you feeling fuller for longer and stabilising your blood sugar levels.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup almonds (chopped)
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1/3 True Protein cacao powder
- 1/3 cup True Protein MCT Oil (coconut oil)
- 1/3 cup raw maple syrup
- Pre heat oven to 160 degrees
- Combine rolled oats, chia seeds, and chopped almonds into a bowl and mix.
- In a food processor or over low heat combine the coconut oil, maple syrup and cacao powder until well mixed
- Coat the dry ingredients with wet mixture and stir well
- Line a baking tray and spread mixture evenly on the tray
- Place the muesli mix in the oven, check and stir every 5 minutes to ensure even cooking
- Cooking time will vary from 25-40 minutes depending on how crunchy you desire your muesli
- Once cooked, add the cranberries and toasted coconut flakes to the mix
- Store in an airtight container.
Enjoy with coconut yoghurt, as a smoothie topper or a stand alone crunchy snack. Enjoy 10% off the True Protein range by using BROOKE10 at checkout.