Do you get sick of smoothies, or would you prefer to 'eat' a meal rather than 'drink' one? This BFN Green Breakfast Bowl gives you just that, plus a hit of two veg before you've even left the house!
I'm a huge fan of smoothies. They are a complete meal all in one, convenient, refreshing and a safe fail in our house. Not all smoothies are equal though and are often loaded with sugar, which if you're consuming first thing in the morning will spike you blood sugar levels like crazy, only for you to crash by 10am.
My smoothies always have a combo of veggies and fruit, in this particular smoothie bowl the ratio of veg is on par with or almost higher than the fruit - winning. This bowl contains satiating protein from the vegan protein powder, heart healthy fats (avo, coconut yoghurt & nut butter), fibre, vitamins A, B and D, potassium and so much more! Here's what you need and how to make it.
INGREDIENTS - SMOOTHIE BOWL
- 1/4-1/2 avocado
- Large handful of spinach
- 1 tbsp coconut yoghurt (or greek)
- 1 banana (place 1/2-1/3 in the smoothie mix, the remainder is to top the smoothie bowl)
- 100ml coconut milk (or fluid of your choice)
- 1 scoop vanilla plant based protein powder (I use The Healthy Chef)
- Crushed Ice
- Place all ingredients in a high speed mixer, adding the protein powder last.
- Blend until well combined, texture should be thicker than your average 'drinking' smoothie.
- Top with the below toppings and enjoy!
INGREDIENTS - TOPPINGS
- Remainder of your banana
- 1/4 cup frozen berries
- 2 tbsp Natural granola
- 1 tbsp nut butter (optional)
This is a hit with Byron also, although he does love drinking his smoothies. I'd love to see your photos trying the smoothie bowl, make sure you tag me @balancefitnessandnutrition and share away.