Have you ever found yourself with some cabbage and stuck for what to do with it? Sure you could make sauerkraut or an asian noodle salad, but heres a little something different. A take on a traditional Japanese savoury pancake dish.
We regularly enjoy okonomiyaki either for breakfast or dinner. It is super easy, and you can even use the below recipe as a base & add extra veggies if you like. All veggies I used were fresh from my Food Fanatics Keto Box.
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup flour (plain flour / spelt flour)
- 2-3 cups chopped cabbage
- 1-2 shredded carrots
- Sat & pepper to season
Sauce (optional but delicious)
- 2 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 3 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tsp sesame oil
- Finely chop the cabbage, grate carrot and add to a bowl
- Stir through flour
- Whisk the eggs in a seperate bowl
- Stir the eggs into the mix until well combined. Batter should be sticky and hold together.
- Lightly oil a fry pan and place some mixture in, spreading it into a 'pancake' shape.
- Flip pancake once golden brown
- Serve with a side of avocado and okonomiyaki sauce.
To serve I love to add some avocado to the side and a dash of the sauce. Both are optional, but help to add an extra nutrient and flavour hit.