This banana bread recipe is one of my biggest hits, both within my household and with clients. It contains no refined sugars, is gluten free and perfect for that on-the-go snack, to pack in the kids lunch box for school or for that fussy toddler.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 3 x ripe bananas
- 6 x eggs
- 4 x pitted dates (optional)
- 2 x teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Place all ingredients except for coconut flour and chia seeds into a high-speed mixer and blend well.
- Add in the coconut flour and chia seeds and mix through.
- Allow the mix to stand for 10-15 minutes to allow for the flour and chia seeds to expand.
- Place mixture into a lined baking tin and bake in oven for 40-50 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- Allow to cool, serve with butter or almond spread.
If you make this recipe and you and the family love it, be sure to share it & tag me on Facebook or Instagram @balancefitnessandnutrition. I'm sure you'll make this a baking staple just as I have.